Best Cavapoos provides outstanding f1 and f1b Cavapoos of excellent health, temperament, and looks to well-matched forever homes.
Best Cavapoos provides family-raised Cavapoos of outstanding health, temperament and looks to well-matched families. We never ship puppies, but we will hand deliver them to appropriate families.
Best Cavapoos works with a network of family breeders whose Cavapoos are pets first and foremost. Nathan Crockett, the founder of Crockett Doodles has specialized for years in Goldendoodles, Labradoodles, and Springerdoodles. As Crockett Doodles expanded to other doodle breeds, Nathan's brother Josh Crockett and Isaac Crockett both got beautiful Cavapoos for their families. Since then, Crockett Doodles has expanded to a few other family friends, buying them gorgeous Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Cavapoos--which are pets first and foremost. The outstanding reputation that Crockett Doodles has developed over the past many years for Goldendoodles and Labradoodles has continued with top notch Cavapoos.
- F1 Cavapoos: First Generation (F1) Cavapoos are the resulting of crossing a purebred Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with a purebred mini Poodle or toy Poodle. These F1 Cavapoos are 50% Cavalier and 50% poodle.
- F1b Cavapoos: First Generation Backcross (F1b) Cavapoos take a First Generation (F1) Cavapoo (mentioned above) and cross it back to a mini Poodle or Toy Poodle. We have occasional F1b litters primarily for those with severe allergies, who want to be sure that their Cavapoo puppy has a non-shedding poodle coat. F1b Cavapoos are 25% Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and 75% Poodle.
- Multigenerational Cavapoos: Multigenerational Cavapoos (multigens for short) are Cavapoo puppies where both the mother and the father are Cavapoos. You can breed to F1 Cavapoos to each other (non-related 0f course) and get Multigen Cavapoo pups, sometimes referred to as F2 Cavapoos. Or you can breed two F1b Cavapoos to each other and get F2b Cavapoo puppies.
- Cavapoos are wonderful with children; they seldom meet a stranger, and Cavapoos love being with people.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are famously little lap dogs (in past history, often for royalty). That personality often comes over into the Cavapoo. They are some of the most calm of all doodle varieties. They seldom bark, and they love to cuddle. They often look a lot like their better known cousins, the Cockapoo.
Cavapoo vs. Cockapoo
- Cavapoos almost always have less energy than Cockapoos.
- Cavapoos are usually smaller than Cockapoos. A typical Cavapoo is often 10-15 pounds; many Cockapoos are 15-25 pounds.
- Cockapoos make better watch dogs as they often have a fairly big bark (sometimes it's much larger than their body. Cavapoos tend to be quiet. Some Cavapoo owners aren't even sure if their Cavapoo knows how to bark.
- Cockapoos come in a greater variety of colors. Most Cavapoos are red, red/white, apricot, cream, or tri-color. Cockapoos come in almost every color of the rainbow.
Why a Cavapoo?
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are wonderful dogs. Why would anyone breed one with a mini Poodle?
- Cavapoos are smarter. Poodles are known for incredible intelligence. Cavapoos tend to be smarter and easier to train than Cavaliers.
- Cavapoos are hypoallergenic. Because poodles have a nonshedding coat, there's a very good chance that a Cavapoo won't shed or will shed minimally. The curlier the Cavapoo's coat, the less likely to shed.
- Cavapoos are healthier. Typically a hybrid dog is much healthier than a purebred, because of hybrid vigor. One of the biggest drawbacks to purebred Cavalier King Charles Spaniels is that they are prone to several health issues. In general most Cavapoo owners have found that their hybrid (Cavapoo) far outlives their purebred Cavalier.
Other Colors $1400
Red (or Blenheim) $1800
Best Cavapoo Breeders specializes in red or red/white (blenheim) Cavapoos. We occasionally have gorgeous tri-color Cavapoos, and with some regularity we get a litter of apricot (or apricot/white) Cavapoos. It is rare for us to get black Cavapoos or black/white parti Cavapoos.
Best Cavapoos Pricing
Black Cavapoos are possible because of black poodles; they are cute and hide dirt well; black is a rare color for us with our Cavapoo puppies; we specialize in lighter colors (apricots, creams) and reds.
Blenheim (red/white) or solid Red ($1800)
Red Cavapoos are our specialty; we primarily breed red Cavapoos. Many of our Cavapoo puppies are red with white trim (white chests, boots, etc); or occasionally blenheim Cavapoos. A blenheim Cavapoo is predominantly white with patches of red or apricot.
True tricolor Cavapoos (one of ours pictured above) are somewhat rare; once a year we use our tricolor phantom mini poodle and tricolor Cavalier King Charles Spaniel to get a litter of gorgeous tricolor Cavapoos. Tricolor Cavapoos are highly desirable; some families think they look a lot like a tiny Tricolor mini Bernedoodle.
Other colors ($1400)
Any other Cavapoo color pattern than those mentioned above (black, red, red/white, tri-color) would be a $1400 cavapoo adoption fee. It is quite common for us to apricot (or apricot/white), caramel, or cream Cavapoos. Many people like these apricot and cream Cavapoos the best.
Best Cavapoos Deposit
You will have the option to place a $300 Cavapoo deposit only if your application has been accepted; we can accept deposits from only a portion of those who apply for a Cavapoo puppy from bestCavapoos.com.
The $300 Cavapoo deposit applies toward the final Cavapoo adoption fee and can be refunded any time for any reason.
Your $300 Cavapoo deposit can be transferred to any other doodle pup within the Crockett Doodles network; see www.CrockettDoodles.com for other doodle options other than Cavapoos.
Available Cavapoo Puppies
Available Cavapoo puppies are available only for those who have completed a Cavapoo application and had it approved. We're able to accept only a percentage of Cavapoo applications because we always have WAY more demand for our Cavapoos than we have available puppies. Those who have successfully completed the Cavapoo application process have the opportunity to place a $300 deposit for a Cavapoo.
Those families who have been accepted and placed a deposit will be notified of their opportunity to adopt an available Cavapoo puppy. We send Cavapoo litter announcements with details about the parents and each available puppy. After seeing the puppies and reading about their temperaments, you will send us your top choices for which Cavapoo puppy you would to adopt to provide a forever home. We will communicate with you all the details about the Cavapoo adoption process for your new four-legged Cavapoo family member.
October 2017 Cavapoo Litter Update: Immediately after we announced the litter below, we were flooded with applications. All the pups are now in their forever homes. We will leave applications open, so you can apply now for our future litters.
Previous Announcement: Today, we're opening up the application for our most recent litter of gorgeous apricot F1 Cavapoos (red Cavalier dad, light apricot mini poodle mom). Their forever homes will pick them up the first week of October. We will send more details to those who have an application accepted and place a deposit. The adoption fee is $1400 for these apricot pups ($1100 after deposit). We expect them to be 10-15 pounds full grown; they have super sweet personalities. Typically we get 60-85 applications within 2 days of opening up the application, so if you'd like one of these pups, you should apply right away (and please be thorough in your application). It's hard to narrow down to the very best applicants.
Apricot Cavapoo Litter We're Currently Accepting Applications For:
Purpose of the Cavapoo application
Narrow Down – The Cavapoo application helps us discern between the good and the best.
Competition– Having WAY more demand for Cavapoos puppies than supply of available puppies, helps us be discerning.
Discerning – Crockett Doodles has become famous for their customer service and incredible reputation (see here); much of this is due to the discerning application process; we try to discern the very best forever homes for Cavapoo puppies.
Thorough – We don't do anything crazy, like demand a visit to your home, but we do try to be thorough in the questions asked in our Cavapoo application. We want to determine if you would be a great fit for one of our Cavapoo Pups.
Pick up sites – Most of the Crockett Doodle Cavapoo partner homes are in the Southeast (headquartered in Greenville, SC, with branches in Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, GA). BestCavapoos and Crockett Doodles are in the process of expanding to Pennsylvania (Allentown area), Michigan (Detroit), and California (San Francisco).
Never ship– Best Cavapoos remains committed to never ship Cavapoo puppies. We think you should pick up your adopted Cavapoo from a loving home. Crockett Doodles believes shipping puppies on an airplane provides a terrible start. We allow families to fly to us, meet their precious Cavapoo pup at our home, and fly back with their Cavapoo puppy in the passenger compartment with them. We also personally deliver Cavapoos for 60 cents a mile to most places in the continental U.S.
More Cavapoo Application Details
Not a commitment – The Cavapoo application allows you to seek more info and see if you would be a good candidate for a Cavapoo. It is not a commitment to adopting a Cavapoo puppy.
Timing– We receive numerous Cavapoo Applications each day; we try to respond in 3-4 business days.
Our Response – We basically respond to your Cavapoo application in one of three ways: "yes", "no," or "wait."
Yes – With some Cavapoo applications, after thoroughly evaluating, we believe you would be a good candidate to be a forever home to one of our precious Cavapoo puppies. If we respond with YES, we would give you a good deal of further information with a hidden link to a PayPal deposit if you choose to place a fully refundable $300 Cavapoo deposit with us. Or you can send a check for your Cavapoo deposit (we'll provide the address).
No – If we respond "no" to your Cavapoo application, we mean absolutely no disrespect, and don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt. We're not discerning between good and bad potential Cavapoo families, but between the good and the best.
Wait – Sometimes the best answer we can give a family wanting to adopt a Cavapoo is to "wait." For various reasons, perhaps their Cavapoo application would be able to be accepted in the future, but we were not able to accept it at this time.