Best Cavapoos provides outstanding f1 and f1b Cavapoos of excellent health, temperament, and looks to well-matched forever homes.
Best Cavapoos provides family-raised Cavapoos of outstanding health, temperament and looks to well-matched families. We never ship puppies, but we will hand deliver them to appropriate families.
Best Cavapoos works with a network of family breeders whose Cavapoos are pets first and foremost. Nathan Crockett, the founder of Crockett Doodles has specialized for years in Goldendoodles, Labradoodles, and Springerdoodles. As Crockett Doodles expanded to other doodle breeds, Nathan's brother Josh Crockett and Isaac Crockett both got beautiful Cavapoos for their families. Since then, Crockett Doodles has expanded to a few other family friends, buying them gorgeous Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Cavapoos--which are pets first and foremost. The outstanding reputation that Crockett Doodles has developed over the past many years for Goldendoodles and Labradoodles has continued with top notch Cavapoos.
- F1 Cavapoos: First Generation (F1) Cavapoos are the resulting of crossing a purebred Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with a purebred mini Poodle or toy Poodle. These F1 Cavapoos are 50% Cavalier and 50% poodle.
- F1b Cavapoos: First Generation Backcross (F1b) Cavapoos take a First Generation (F1) Cavapoo (mentioned above) and cross it back to a mini Poodle or Toy Poodle. We have occasional F1b litters primarily for those with severe allergies, who want to be sure that their Cavapoo puppy has a non-shedding poodle coat. F1b Cavapoos are 25% Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and 75% Poodle.
- Multigenerational Cavapoos: Multigenerational Cavapoos (multigens for short) are Cavapoo puppies where both the mother and the father are Cavapoos. You can breed to F1 Cavapoos to each other (non-related 0f course) and get Multigen Cavapoo pups, sometimes referred to as F2 Cavapoos. Or you can breed two F1b Cavapoos to each other and get F2b Cavapoo puppies.
- Cavapoos are wonderful with children; they seldom meet a stranger, and Cavapoos love being with people.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are famously little lap dogs (in past history, often for royalty). That personality often comes over into the Cavapoo. They are some of the most calm of all doodle varieties. They seldom bark, and they love to cuddle. They often look a lot like their better known cousins, the Cockapoo.
Cavapoo vs. Cockapoo
- Cavapoos almost always have less energy than Cockapoos.
- Cavapoos are usually smaller than Cockapoos. A typical Cavapoo is often 10-15 pounds; many Cockapoos are 15-25 pounds.
- Cockapoos make better watch dogs as they often have a fairly big bark (sometimes it's much larger than their body. Cavapoos tend to be quiet. Some Cavapoo owners aren't even sure if their Cavapoo knows how to bark.
- Cockapoos come in a greater variety of colors. Most Cavapoos are red, red/white, apricot, cream, or tri-color. Cockapoos come in almost every color of the rainbow.
Why a Cavapoo?
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are wonderful dogs. Why would anyone breed one with a mini Poodle?
- Cavapoos are smarter. Poodles are known for incredible intelligence. Cavapoos tend to be smarter and easier to train than Cavaliers.
- Cavapoos are hypoallergenic. Because poodles have a nonshedding coat, there's a very good chance that a Cavapoo won't shed or will shed minimally. The curlier the Cavapoo's coat, the less likely to shed.
- Cavapoos are healthier. Typically a hybrid dog is much healthier than a purebred, because of hybrid vigor. One of the biggest drawbacks to purebred Cavalier King Charles Spaniels is that they are prone to several health issues. In general most Cavapoo owners have found that their hybrid (Cavapoo) far outlives their purebred Cavalier.
Other Colors $1400
Red, Apricot, or Blenheim $1800
Best Cavapoo Breeders specializes in red, red/white, and Blenheim (white with apricot markings) Cavapoos. We occasionally have gorgeous tri-color Cavapoos, and with some regularity we get a litter of apricot (or apricot/white) Cavapoos. It is rare for us to get black Cavapoos or black/white parti Cavapoos.
Our Blenheim Cavapoos are perhaps our best know, so we've pictures several of them above. Blenheim Cavapoos have a white base with apricot or red markings. They're gorgeous. Below, you will also see the other colors that we offer--which are equally gorgeous. Occasionally we have a solid black, black and white, or cream Cavapoo, but we've pictured the Cavapoo colors that we have most commonly (in addition to Blenheim--apricot, red, red/white, and tri-color).
Best Cavapoos Pricing
Black Cavapoos are possible because of black poodles; they are cute and hide dirt well; black is a rare color for us with our Cavapoo puppies; we specialize in lighter colors (apricots, creams) and reds.
Blenheim, Apricot or Red ($1800)
Red Cavapoos are our specialty; we primarily breed red Cavapoos. Many of our Cavapoo puppies are red with white trim (white chests, boots, etc); or occasionally blenheim (red/white or apricot/white) Cavapoos. A blenheim Cavapoo is predominantly white with patches of red or apricot.
True tricolor Cavapoos (one of ours pictured above) are somewhat rare; once a year we use our tricolor phantom mini poodle and tricolor Cavalier King Charles Spaniel to get a litter of gorgeous tricolor Cavapoos. Tricolor Cavapoos are highly desirable; some families think they look a lot like a tiny Tricolor mini Bernedoodle.
Other colors ($1400)
Any other Cavapoo color pattern than those mentioned abovewould be a $1400 cavapoo adoption fee. Sometimes we have caramel or cream Cavapoos. Many people like these caramel or cream Cavapoos the best.
Best Cavapoos Deposit
You will have the option to place a $300 Cavapoo deposit only if your application has been accepted; we can accept deposits from only a portion of those who apply for a Cavapoo puppy from bestCavapoos.com.
The $300 Cavapoo deposit applies toward the final Cavapoo adoption fee and can be refunded any time for any reason.
Your $300 Cavapoo deposit can be transferred to any other doodle pup within the Crockett Doodles network; see www.CrockettDoodles.com for other doodle options other than Cavapoos.
Available Cavapoo Puppies
Available Cavapoo puppies are available only for those who have completed a Cavapoo application and had it approved. We're able to accept only a percentage of Cavapoo applications because we always have WAY more demand for our Cavapoos than we have available puppies. Those who have successfully completed the Cavapoo application process have the opportunity to place a $300 deposit for a Cavapoo.
Those families who have been accepted and placed a deposit will be notified of their opportunity to adopt an available Cavapoo puppy. We send Cavapoo litter announcements with details about the parents and each available puppy. After seeing the puppies and reading about their temperaments, you will send us your top choices for which Cavapoo puppy you would to adopt to provide a forever home. We will communicate with you all the details about the Cavapoo adoption process for your new four-legged Cavapoo family member.